STX issues new shares worth W80b to expand global business
简介South Korean trading company STX said Friday it had decided to initiate a paid-in capital increase o ...
South Korean trading company STX said Friday it had decided to initiate a paid-in capital increase of 80 billion won ($58 million), in a bid to finance funds for expanding its global secondary battery businesses and Trollygo, the company's new business-to-business trading platform to be launched next month.
According to STX, the firm held a board of directors meeting at the STX headquarters in Jung-gu, central Seoul, to decide new issuance of a total of 7.36 million common shares. The prices for the new shares will be announced on Dec. 6.
"APC Mercury, one of STX’s major shareholders, will be participating in the paid-in capital increase process and buy 10 billion won's worth of newly issued shares," an official from STX said.
The new shares will be listed on Korea Composite Stock Price Index on Jan. 5, after allowing existing shareholders to subscribe for new shares first.
The issuance of new shares comes as STX plans to secure necessary funds for expanding its global secondary battery businesses, such as nickel, lithium and graphite operations, the company said.
In August, STX established its Indonesian headquarters, and the company said it expected to start its sales and transportation of nickel in Indonesia in January.
In addition, the newly acquired funds will be spent to expand potential markets for Trollygo, the company's B2B online transaction platform for industrial goods scheduled to go into operation starting next month. The funds will also be used to expand the number of STX's strategic logistics bases for transporting wood pellets.
“As a company that specializes in secondary battery materials, we will expand and strengthen our supply chains around Southeast Asia, South America, and Africa,” an STX official said.
"We will increase our expertise in trading raw materials, industrial goods, and eco-friendly resources, and take the lead in changing the paradigm of trade transactions through Trollygo," he said.
South Koreans’ English proficiency in 2022 worsened from the previous year, descending 13 spots in a ...
Lee Ha-seong, a 31-year-old Seoul-based economic news reporter, has a worry on his mind with the yea ...
하나의 정당이 읍·면·동별로 걸 수 있는 현수막을 2개로 제한하는 법안이 31일 국회 행정안전위원회 법안소위를 통과했다. 행안위는 법안1소위를 열어 ‘옥외광고물 등의 관리와 옥외광 ...
- BTS gets 6th top honor at 2023 MAMA Awards
- [Korea Quiz] Lucrative MLB careers
- Korea to set workplace harassment criteria: minister
- US lawmaker submits bill requiring Pentagon report on allies' defense contribution
- Labor unions slam government efforts to attract more foreign workers
- Jungkook ties record for most Billboard Hot 100 hits as K
- Ampers&one hopes to seep into listeners’ hearts with positive music
- SK hynix wins 2023 R&D 100 Awards
- Yoon calls for enhancing connectivity of world economy with APEC at center
- S. Korea, US explore ways to expand ties in energy, supply chains
- First snow of winter falls in Seoul
- S. Korea secures 5th consecutive term on UNESCO executive board
- Biden, Xi's 'blunt' talks yield deals on military, fentanyl
- Yoon attends IPEF summit to discuss regional economic collaboration
- Snow crabs join bargain for crustaceans
- ‘Concrete Utopia,’ ‘Moving’ sweep 59th Daejong Film Awards
- Court orders Japan to compensate ‘comfort women’
- Korea inks 37 deals with UK, vows closer ties
- S. Korea elected as member of UNESCO World Heritage Committee
- 이준석 "난 박근혜 키즈 넘어섰다…한동훈도 尹키즈 벗어나야"
- 이상민 “민주당 지도부 아무도 연락 없어, 어느 정도 마음 정했다”
- 6 pct of executives in S. Korea's top 100 firms women: data
- ‘Gorpcore’ a global validation of Korean ajeossi’s fashion instincts?
- Culture minister says admission to state museums requires public discussion
- 내년 총선, 정부여당 견제론 44% 지원론 44% '동률' [NBS]
- Will Blackpink renew contract as group?
- 이원욱 “이재명, 최강욱 징계 반발하는 개딸과 이별해야”
- After 13 years, Naver's 'OnStage' music show bids farewell
- Samsung renews CSR push for multicultural families, seniors
- Two Koreans named among world's top 200 art collectors
- German ambassador advocates 'de
- Dreamcatcher returns as 'villains' with special power
- LG Display appoints LG Innotek chief as new CEO
- 김웅 “한동훈, 돌 좀 맞고 욕먹더라도 강남 3구서 출마해야”
- Zyx Technology donates CAD software to Sungkyunkwan University
- Seoul shares almost flat after Fed minutes, Nvidia results