Culture Ministry offers Suneung takers free exhibitions, discounted performances
简介Candidates who completed this year's college entrance exam in South Korea, known as Suneung, on ...
Candidates who completed this year's college entrance exam in South Korea, known as Suneung, on Thursday, will be given free entry and discounts for special exhibitions and cultural performances, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism announced Friday.
The Seoul Arts Center is offering a half-price discount for the "SAC Saturday Concert" and "SAC Heart Classic Concert with KT," scheduled for Saturday and Nov. 24, respectively. Discounted tickets can be purchased only on-site with the 2024 Suneung test identification slip. The 2024 test slip is for those that sat the exam on Thursday.
The SAC will also offer free video screenings of a play and opera from Nov. 29 through Dec. 8 to interested high schools.
Recordings of the Korean play "The Return" and the opera "The Magic Flute" will be sent to high schools that apply. Applications are accepted at the SAC official website.
The National Museum of Korea's special exhibition, "Tree and Serpent: Early Buddhist Art in India" scheduled to run from Dec. 22 to April 14, will be free for those that present their test slips. The exhibition focuses on Buddhist artworks from South Indian culture.
As for performances, the National Theater of Korea is offering a half-price discount for dance performance "The Scent of Ink," and plays "I Am a Funny Camel" and "Song of King Sejong." "The Scent of Ink" is scheduled on Dec. 14-17, "I Am a Funny Camel" on Dec. 6-10 and "Song of King Sejong" on Dec. 29-31.
Meanwhile, major movie theater chains have also been rolling out promotions for the test takers.
CGV is showcasing nine films, including "The First Slam Dunk," "Suzume," and "The Nun II," at a discounted price of 7,000 won. The event runs until Tuesday, with program lists and theater locations updated at its official website.
Lotte Cinema is offering the "Teen Combo" promotion for students aged 13 to 18, including this year's Suneung takers, until Nov. 30. The promotion covers a movie ticket, popcorn and a beverage for 3,000 won. Megabox movie tickets are at 7,000 won each for Suneung candidates until Dec. 10.
South Korean liquor giant HiteJinro said Tuesday it is expanding its distribution network of soju pr ...
Mirae Asset Global Investments is making its foray into China’s exchange-traded fund market, becomin ...
The United States needs to abandon the longstanding strategic ambiguity in its nuclear umbrella and ...
- Yoon orders increased defense of public digital infrastructure
- Over half of Koreans say they won't continue jesa: survey
- LG, Hyundai join forces to advance robot
- JYP's Japanese girl group NiziU debuts in Korea with single album ‘Press Play’
- German envoy calls for enhanced security cooperation with S. Korea
- Major retailer recalls over 50,000 pairs of shower shoes due to chemical hazard
S. Korea's heavyweights like ex
[Herald Interview] Chung Ji
尹 “연금안 맹탕? 근거·합의 없이 숫자로만 결론 낼 수 없다”
Police slap travel ban on suspected con artist, ex
[Herald Interview] 'Korea strives to set global standards for data protection in generative AI era'
Some 8,000 homes to relocate as Seoul's Hannam neighborhood undergoes redevelopment
- Taemin of SHINee to drop new EP 'Guilty' on Oct. 30
- Samsung, LG, Hyundai closely monitoring potential biz fallout from Israel
- 사전투표 D
- Art Token launches Hangeul
- Hanwha showcases ground weapons systems at US trade fair
- Kakao Bank to acquire 10% stake in Indonesian digital bank
- [Our Museums] Explore cinematic treasures at Korean Film Museum
- [Herald Review] Ive gives a sneak peek of new album, kicks off first world tour with Seoul gigs
- [From the scene] Eye
- How college students are coping with the impact of inflation
- 류호정·장혜영의 ‘세번째권력’ “총선서 30석, 200만 득표가 목표”
- [Today’s K
- S. Korea, AIIB discuss stronger partnership, new investment chances
- Former Hungarian ambassador receives Gwanghwa Medal
- Tax refund limit to be doubled for tourists
- 군사력은 미국이 우위지만, 글로벌 공급망은 미·중 비등 [중앙포럼]
- 'Batter Up': YG rookie Babymonster to debut as six
- First lady explains S. Korea's dog meat ban plan to Queen Camilla
- Trailblazer, Trax drive up GM Korea’s exports
- 홍준표, 하태경 종로 출마 선언에…"주사파 출신이 갈 곳 아니다"
- [KH explains] Hyundai to sell vehicles on Amazon in US sales push
- Female Nexon employee berates 'misandrist gesture' in MapleStory video
- [이번 주 리뷰]北,군사위성 발사…정부 온라인 장애속출(20~25일)
- [Herald Interview] Nam Woo
- 1 in 8 commercial flights exposed to pathogens: KDCA
- TBS appeals to Seoul to hold off on slashing support
- '12.12: The Day’ attracts 1.8m moviegoers in five days since opening
- Korean banks at risk of W3tr in losses in HK
- Posco to start search for new chief
- Hyundai Motor to halt Asan factory in Korea for EV factory construction