Corporate direct financing jumps nearly 40% in September
简介Corporate direct financing in South Korea surged 39.3 percent from a month earlier in September on a ...
Corporate direct financing in South Korea surged 39.3 percent from a month earlier in September on a sharp spike in stock sales, data showed Monday.
Local companies raised a combined total of 27.57 trillion won ($20.37 billion) by selling stocks and bonds last month, up 7.78 trillion won from August, according to the data from the Financial Supervisory Service.
Direct financing refers to raising funds directly from the stock and bond markets without borrowing from banks or other financial institutions.
Stock sales jumped more than 10-fold to over 6.49 trillion won in September from 566.9 billion won the previous month on large initial public offerings.
There were nine IPOs in September, including Doosan Robotics, which alone raised 4.2 trillion won, according to the FSS.
Rights offerings also jumped from 182.5 billion won in August to some 2.1 trillion won in September, it added.
Bond issues gained 9.6 percent, or 1.85 trillion won, to 21.07 trillion won over the cited period.
As of end-September, the value of outstanding corporate bonds stood at 631.6 trillion won, up 0.5 percent from a month earlier.
The data also showed that local businesses issued 31.9 trillion won worth of commercial papers last month, down 0.7 percent from August, and 67.16 trillion won worth of short-term bonds, up 6.5 percent on-month. (Yonhap)
A disability rights advocacy group said Tuesday it will file a complaint with the state human rights ...
Charging admission at state-run museums could be considered through public discussion, Yu In-chon, t ...
Two Korean entrepreneurs – Kim Woong-ki and Seo Kyung-bae -- were listed on the annual Top 200 Colle ...
- German envoy calls for enhanced security cooperation with S. Korea
- [From the Scene] Incheon Airport goes global to Batam, Indonesia
- SK, Hilleman team up to develop next
- PKM Gallery sheds light on Toby Ziegler, Kwon Jin
- "조선의 샛별 여장군, 세계가 우러러 볼것"…北, 김주애도 우상화
- Seoul shares almost flat after Fed minutes, Nvidia results
- 尹 대통령 “새마을정신 되새겨 혁신과 창의로 뭉쳐야”
- KDI slashes 2024 growth to 2.2%
- ‘험지 출마’ 압박받는 장제원, 4200명 운집 산악회로 세 과시
- NewJeans to be first K
- STX to supply lithium with South American partners
- YG's new group Babymonster to debut on Nov. 27
- "중동사태, 특등 전쟁상인 美 때문"…불법무기상 北 적반하장
- KBS ‘Goryeo
- Han Kang wins Prix Medicis for 'I Do Not Bid Farewell'
- Stalking crimes could lead to up to 5 years in prison custody
- S. Korea, US defense chiefs discuss 'tailored deterrence strategy' on N. Korea
- 감사원, 文정부 소상공인 지원 실태 감사 착수
- Seoul hosts ICC seminar highlighting role of Asia
- SK hynix starts supply of world’s fastest mobile DRAM for China's Vivo
- Daewoong's Nabota tops botulinum toxin exports
- 홍익표, 조국 총선 출마설에 “조만간 뵙고 말씀 들을 것”
- [Our Museums] Seek hidden tales of Korean masks at Hahoe Mask Museum
- LG Twins crowned champions for 1st time since 1994 as S. Korean baseball season ends
- 19 S. Koreans held captive in Myanmar freed: ministry
- [From the Scene] Building 100
- SK On to furlough workers, cut production at US plant
- Seoul mayor to consider street festivities for LG Twins' victory
- LG companies hint at grand promotions to celebrate Twins' big win
- After robot conductor, National Orchestra of Korea explores virtual reality
- Seoul Metropolitan Traditional Orchestra meets electronic beats
- JYP to 'take K
- LG Twins capture 1st Korean Series title in 29 years
- ‘Believer 2’ returns as 'midquel' with new characters, stronger plot
- Nara Space successfully launches cube satellite
- BTS company Hybe heading to Latin America