Seoul shares open higher ahead of Nvidia results
简介Seoul shares opened higher Tuesday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, as investors await earn ...
Seoul shares opened higher Tuesday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, as investors await earnings results from AI chip leader Nvidia and other US tech firms.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 19.92 points, or 0.8 percent, to 2,511.12 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Overnight, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6 percent to 35,151.04, and the tech-rich NASDAQ added 1.1 percent to 14,284.53.
Nvidia is set to release quarterly results on Tuesday on the back of strong demand for generative AI.
In Seoul, tech, auto and energy stocks led gains.
Market bellwether Samsung Electronics rose 0.6 percent, No. 2 chipmaker SK hynix climbed 1.3 percent, top carmaker Hyundai Motor gained 0.3 percent and leading car battery maker LG Energy Solution was up 0.6 percent.
Among decliners, the country's sole aircraft manufacturer Korea Aerospace Industries fell 0.3 percent and leading cosmetics firm Amorepacific shed 0.4 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,287.25 won against the US dollar, up 4.4 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
Im Soo-jung and Lee Dong-wook seem like a good match in Korean romance flicks – as seen in Lee’s spe ...
The ruling People Power Party decided Thursday to lift the membership suspensions imposed on former ...
South Korea's ruling People Power Party on Thursday approved a plan to lift the suspensions of ...
- South Korea warns tit
- Blinken to discuss Russia, Middle East, N. Korea during visit to Seoul: State Department
- Pak Kyongni Prize winner Christoph Ransmayr says literature sparks imagination, breaks biases
- S. Korean military detects signs of NK supplying ballistic missiles to Russia
- YouTuber suspected of livestreaming after taking drugs
- English chatbot services to be available for public bike users
New NZ minister takes oath in English and Korean
35 foreign individuals to be awarded for promoting Korean culture
English chatbot services to be available for public bike users
KG Mobility, BYD bolster ties on EV batteries, hybrids
Hanwha Ocean developing submarine stealth technology
Arrest warrant sought for ex
- MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met
- Cast of ‘Norma’ says opera difficult to sing but easy to enjoy
- TvN Sports, CGV to screen Bundesliga’s first ‘Korean derby’
- 탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- Enjoying Halloween in Itaewon sparks debate online
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- Jeonse scams cause W510b in losses, with less than 25% recovered: lawmaker
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- Reeling from election loss, ruling party picks new leader posts
- [Today’s K
- S. Korea, US, Japan stage trilateral maritime interdiction drills for 1st time in 7 years
- 'Apgujeong Box Girl' sparks online debate
- Number of deaths in cycling accidents soars
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month
- BTS Jungkook's star
- BTS' Jungkook headed to Paris as MTV EMA nominee, performer
- Ruling party to launch innovation committee after crushing by
- "위성사진까지 대조한다" 밭에서 4억원어치 보물 캐는 사람들
- Seoul shares up nearly 1 pct on eased concerns over Middle East conflict
- Seoul shares open lower on tech, battery slump
- FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- 안철수 측 "심장이상? 허위" 장성철 "安 쓰러져 심폐소생술"
- [사진] 수도권 상공 출격한 미군 B
- Beef prices have soared 100
- SK Chemicals partners with Estee Lauder for eco
- S.Korea's largest
- Biden says Hamas must be eliminated, US officials warn war could escalate
- Kia management, union reach tentative wage deal to avoid strike