[Exclusive] Asia's Tang Contemporary Art to open first Western outpost in London
简介Tang Contemporary Art, one of the most influential commercial galleries in Asia, will launch a new s ...
Tang Contemporary Art, one of the most influential commercial galleries in Asia, will launch a new space in London next year, its first gallery in the West after 26 years in Asia.
Headquartered in Beijing, the gallery represents Chinese contemporary art masters such as Ai Weiwei, Yue Minjun and Zhao Zhao. It has presented some 80 artists, mostly from Asia, including Korean artists Paik Nam-june, Chun Kwang-young, Woo Kuk-won and Lee Diren.
The gallery is currently working on the interior design of its London venue, aiming to open as early as next year.
"We were looking for an opportunity to introduce Asian artists with whom we have worked in Western countries, and London became the first city," an official from the gallery told The Korea Herald.
The gallery is also looking at a chance to open a space in New York within a couple of years. Tang Contemporary Art participated in the Armory Show in New York in 2023, 2021 and 2020 as well as Frieze New York in 2019.
Asia’s leading gallery is currently running seven spaces across Beijing, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Seoul. Founded in 1997 in Bangkok, the gallery most recently opened a space in southern Seoul last year when the city began to grab international attention as Asia’s latest art hub.
The gallery will continue bolstering its presence in Asia, opening a new space in Singapore coinciding with the opening of its London space.
A trilateral summit with Japan and China, which has been on hold since 2019, could take place early ...
사진은 지난 8월 중국 베이징 서우두 공항에서 출국을 위해 터미널로 향하는 북한 여성들. 연합뉴스북한이 우간다 대사관에 이어 홍콩 총영사관도 폐쇄할 예정이라고 자유아시아방송(RFA ...
지난 22일 서울 용산구 이태원 참사 골목에 설치된 '10.29 이태원 참사 기억의 길'에서 시민들이 추모 메시지를 적고 있다. 연합뉴스윤석열 대통령이 오는 29일 서울광장에서 열 ...
LG Electronics CEO to present AI vision at CES
김웅 "이준석 사면은 내부총질·해당행위…마녀재판 맞았던 것"
[Korea Beyond Korea] Professor awarded for building Korean studies in US
Italian architect Franco Mancuso donates archives on Korean Pavilion at Venice Biennale
"조선의 샛별 여장군, 세계가 우러러 볼것"…北, 김주애도 우상화
Seoul expected to be one of most sought
- Gov't to complete vaccination of cattle by Nov. 10 to prevent spread of lumpy skin disease
- FM holds back
- 황교안 "유승민·이준석 자리만 차지…통합, 잡탕밥 돼선 안돼"
- Yoon, Kishida receive JFK award for mending stalled ties
- JYP's Japanese girl group NiziU debuts in Korea with single album ‘Press Play’
- Most top earners live in or near Seoul: data
- 신원식 “나도 육군이지만, 합참의장은 해군 시켜야”
- Seoul shares inch up on bargain hunting ahead of Fed meeting
- Israel presses ground campaign against Hamas in 'second stage' of Gaza war
- Police slap travel ban on suspected con artist, ex
- 카메라 찍힌 김여정 960만원 '디올 백'…그 자체가 北인권 참상
- SK Earthon starts first independent oil production in South China Sea
- [Herald Interview] Mimiirose hopes to make a name for itself
- Yoon's approval rating edges up after 6
- [Today’s K
- Breadwinners in their 60s or above double in 9 years
- Broadcom to appeal S. Korean regulator's fine over unfair Samsung Electronics deal
- Court finds ban on leafleting into NK unconstitutional, ban on praise for NK constitutional
- '코로나 봉쇄' 북한, 국경 열었다…3년8개월 만에 외국인 입국
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed's higher
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Koreanists on verge of extinction overseas
- [Herald Review] ‘Cobweb,’ a fresh, new wind in the Korean box office
- Political strife may delay Korea’s launch of new space agency
- [Bills in Focus] Holding CEOs accountable for lack of internal financial control
- Kakao completes its first own data center
- KB chief hopes successor transforms group into 'Samsung of finance'
- 러 무기 만져보고 타보고...김정은 '북·러 합작' 도발 메뉴 내놓나
- Benois de la Danse winner Kang Mi
- N. Korea scheduled to hold key parliamentary meeting following Kim